1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you think cartoonetwork will redeem it self

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by j c 2000, Aug 1, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

do you

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Why, whats it done?

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

*Sigh*
    CN *shudder* REAL

Cmon, your channel is called freakin' CARTOON network, we wanna see toons, not shitty kiddie versions of reality shows.

I think CN real will come back once the CN CEO realizes just how bad and unprofitable CN REAL is.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I like Chowder, Flapjack, Adventure Time, and all of the older cartoons (Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Courage, etc...), but they show some on Boomerang now...

I think it'll recover in time. Most places do. But they won't be able to top shows like Ed, Edd 'n Eddy for sure. Or Cow and Chicken. :)

5. j c 2000

Cmon, your channel is called freakin' CARTOON network, we wanna see toons, not shitty kiddie versions of reality shows.

i like unnatural history a little but dude what would happen sucks but it is basically gone but they tried to recreate toonami a little with beyblade metal fusion but it is sucks and bakugan suck terribly and total drama is train wreck on canvas

6. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I used to like Kids Next Door

7. j c 2000

didnt every one i would go back in time if i could

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Actually, Cartoon Network began its downward spiral the moment they kicked out the Hannah-Barbera bits.

Toonami was good, so is adult swim, but the rest is sheer bull crap.

9. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Yeh, HB is classic. The only thing they still have is tom and jerry.

Anyway, chowder is ok (but doesn't make much sense), flapjack is an ok kid show (but doesn't make much sense), adventure time is allright (but doesn't make much sense)...every new cartoon seems to be an old one with a new style. Not that they're bad, but they're nothing special.

As for adult swim, some of the shows are ok (though a lot of them seem to be nothing but sex jokes and randomness. The PJs from '01 is hilarious, but they just started showing that. King of the Hill's great too. One series I gotta commend is robot chicken. Seldom do I find something in it that is hilarious (some exceptions are the parappa, mario and calvin and hobbes sketches) but the laborious proces they go through to make that show...well, let's just say if you can't tell already, I am a big stop motion fan and I respect anyone who does it, no matter the end product.

CN real is just shit. nuff said. Anything that they put on has already been done better before by some other channel.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I wish they still had Space Ghost Coast to Coast.
    But ATHF is fucking hilarious!! XD

11. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Indeed.

CN lost touch when HB and Toonami dropped. As soon as they said good bye to Tom that was the end. They aren't coming back.

12. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

even the tom and jerry show is bad... i mean the new one's... the newer episodes cant compare to the old ones...

i still love the grim adventures of billy and mandy... XD

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I miss that fat little host... :(

Billy and Mandy is one of my favorite! XD Fred Fred Burger kills me. :p
    And the old Tom and Jerry's have so much history in them and I love seeing how they evolved over time, much like Looney Toons.

14. j c 2000

do you guy remenber this one of the most funniest episode in billy and mandy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQsbpr4efg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-tsr5ePOs&feature=channel that was just a classic

15. RomRomPawnch

RomRomPawnch Well-Known Member

Toonami, and the classics, were the only things holding CN together. Then, they kicked it off, and everything went doooown.

16. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I want classic cartoons with awesome facial expressions, excellent animation, and something that's not just a bunch of funny voices. Nowadays, we have too much tweening, a ton of looped animation and not a lot of work. Character design is down too.

And as of now, I think Nickelodeon is a crappier channel.

17. RomRomPawnch

Tweening. That is the word I was looking for. Thank god.

Yep. And its targeted torwards girls ages 9-12 Right? Nick and Disney Channel have been reduced to nothing but crappy shows about romance and stuff. Billy an Mandy was epic, and Kids Next Door was okay. Courage is epic.

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm downloading all of my favorite classic shows before I go insane with the shitty new shows.

Though I am very happy that Regular Show has its own series now. :)

19. RomRomPawnch

Lol. Good luck there, and may the internet broadband be with you.

20. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Billy and Mandy is the best show airing on CN right now but I also like Total Drama because any show that rips on reality TV shows is cool in my book. Tenchi Muyo and Toonami forever.