1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Pokemon B&W on No$GBA2.6a+No$zoomer2.3.02

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by maxmahito, Mar 4, 2011.

1. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Oh Shoot! Even I didn't backup the patch!
    Nah, I'm joking.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x4bcbgn2l5frh9j <--The patch.

How to use it!?
    Extract the folder.Take the "CLEAN" rom, drag and drop on the patch, click "yes" and "ok", you get the patched rom with ".nds" and backup with ".BAK" extensions.

2. ItchyPanda

ItchyPanda Member

Nice, really nice.
    I wonder if there are ways of having full speed..
    If my Laptop was good enough i'd be playing it full, guess it'll have to be when I get a new desktop.
    Anyway, thanks! You're an emulation god! Heh I wonder if you even have a fully working HG or SS :p.

3. maxmahito

For speeding up desmume:
    Don't use external BIOS images.

If you ARE using external BIOS images, (or must for some reason) try enabling Patch DelayLoop SWI

Try switching between OpenGL Renderer and Software Rasterizer. You may not like the results, but it may get you more speed.

Disable this option: Config > Emulation Settings > Enable Bus-Level Timing.

Use Dual SPU in the Sound Settings, and don't use Advanced SPU Logic.

In the Sound Settings, set interpolation to none.

If you can handle it, turn off the sound altogether. Try listening to a shoutcast instead; I recommend happyday new age or ah.fm!

Don't use the NOSSE2 build.

Don't use someone else's unofficial "SVN" build, it probably is not fully optimized, since we make our Windows releases using some profiler-guided optimization, which helps by several FPS.

Use frame skip. Even frameskipping by 1 will help and many games will stay playable. Frameskipping is continually tweaked in each release to get more bang for the buck, but beware that dual screen 3d games still may not work well under frameskip. If screens seem stuck, pick a different frameskip value.

There is now the option of disabling an entire screen. (Tools > View Layers > Main GPU, etc) Consider disabling a screen which is useless in the game you are playing. NOTE: View > LCDs Layout > One LCD *WILL NOT* increase your speed. This merely hides the lcd, but it is still rendered. This is important for dual screen games and other weird cases.

Don't scale the window anything different than 1x and don't use resize filters.

If you are using the software rasterizer, disable edge marking and fog if you feel like they aren't needed. If the game isn't using those features then this won't help.

Buying a newer, faster computer is somewhat more expensive, but it has other side benefits.

Don't use a netbook.

If you're using a laptop/notebook, try disabling power management or setting the system to run in maximum performance. Desktop users should consider investigating this too, just in case. Additionally, desktop users should investigate whether their system is clogged with dust, or a fan is malfunctioning, or a heatsink has fallen off of a chip. Tons of people run into these problems, believe it or not. Finally, all AMD users should disable Cool'n'quiet which doesn't work worth a crap.

Your graphics card is irrelevant. Upgrade your CPU.

For Linux/OSX users:

Try making a build with SSE and SSE2 extensions enabled because the code is ready to handle it. Someone should provide details on how to do this.
    I've tried to highlight the main things to speed up from that big list.

And no, I'm not the emulation God.I'm just the god's messenger spreading everything I know/have.Real emulation gods are desmume team and rom dumpers or Late Martin for No$Gba.

As for HG/SS, it's not playable in No$GBA without saving every five minutes xD(Random freezes occur).
    In my play and routine, Desmume plays it entirely with the patch given above.Same process repeated with clean rom.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I have no issues using SVN builds just a lot of crap of what people come out with.

Latest DeSmuME SVN r4116

Hear and geting quite fast

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS?&max-results=12

5. maxmahito

Hey, that was the top-secret >.> xD *Joking*
    I know SVN builds are fast and more capable than official build, but the developing team got fed up with all the complaints they get due to crashes and unstability, that they declared the SVN build unooficial and not-to-be used things.
    So, yeah.Using it is just fine, don't worry.Unless you get unlucky and that SVN build you have turns unstable.

6. Jhon 591

@maxmahito

Lol i think it's a reliable source!

Anyway i only rely use it to fix AP in games ;).

7. lilshortyy

lilshortyy New Member

i have the same problem and many people have post about this problem and yet no one ever post up a solution to this.....is there anyway to fix this at all? i just want to finish the game.....also changing the .sav to desume's .dsv doesnt work.....

8. maxmahito

there's no way known to fix your problem.Only thing is switch to desmume just for passing this problem and then you can switch to no$gba.
    There are few things to do the save conversion.I'll give an example:
    I have mypokemonsave.nds(your version game) in No$GBA's Battery folder.Now, rename it to mypokemonsave.dsv and place it in the battery folder of DeSmuMe.Usage of the rom should be different.I have mypokemonsave.nds clean rom.You use cheats to make it work in No$GBA, right?

Now, take the same CLEAN rom(download the rom again if possible) and patch it with the patch given in one of my posts in the last page.Now, open this PATCHED rom with Desmume.Assuming that you've already placed the renamed ".dsv" file in battery, it WILL work.
    Remember, the name of your save should be SAME as the name of the rom you're using.

I don't encourage using pre-patched roms because it will make the users uncapable of further patching or whatever.You all should consider using pre-patched raws as a handicap.But, anyways, if you still can't get it, let me know.I'll help you.

9. LongNight

LongNight New Member

so I was able to get Pokemon Black working and saving, the whole shabang. But now I'm running into another problem.
    When I was playing it yesterday I saved my game after reaching the third gym. But when I opened up the game this morning, the only saved file there was back before I got my second badge.
    Any ideas as to why I can't get to my last saved file?

10. maxmahito

Wow you really shook up three threads for this? So, yeah.You must have experienced that "Save not written" thing.Sometimes, No$gba doesn't write save files correctly.It's a bug of somesorts.Every game is target of this bug.This will be especially the case for most nozoomers.

11. RampageofBoredom

RampageofBoredom New Member

Alright, I'm aware this is from a while ago, but... None of the download links work for me. So my question is, will that still work with the American release, or not?

12. dragonmyro

dragonmyro New Member

um i did what it says but i get a ROM=image crashed error

13. maxmahito

Try disabling the BIOS.
    Use the ROM from the link provided in the first post, your ROM maybe patched.

14. Jhon 591

Better still read though all pages, They are many answers within ;)

15. maxmahito

Hahahaha, if the person is not lazy, that's always the better thing to do :D

16. Jhon 591

!lol to wright ;)

17. maxmahito

Well, found out something.
    Ye folks who need to speed up desmume a bit, press "TAB" and hold it down.I know it's not much and it's a pain in the finger to keep it held down, but, you one always use the extra boost speed to get out of a pinch.

18. Jhon 591

Maybe they could do with newer builds of Desmume also http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS?&max-results=12

19. maxmahito

Yeah, they can.I wonder why doesn't Desmume tell it in their FAQ's about this TAB thing?

20. Jhon 591

Don't know, but think you can also use - and + to slow down are speedup emu also ;) .